Waiting for a phone call.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
We are waiting for a phone call before we make our way to Manchester.Our son is not happy at the condition of the flat he has gone to see.Even for him a student it is filthy.So he has contacted the agent,she is in a meeting.Now the funny thing about this flat is no windows open.I have never heard of that before.There are no windows, no there are windows they just don't have any openings..Another thing there is supposed to be a balcony with unrivalled views,yes i read the e mail description,this morning the assistant to the women asked our son did he have the keys to the balcony door.He said there is no balcony there is no door.So we await the phone call before we go to tackle the agent.What a laugh no opening windows no balcony i wonder who has nicked them.Can you imagine no fresh air ever running through you home.Urgh.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
We are waiting for a phone call before we make our way to Manchester.Our son is not happy at the condition of the flat he has gone to see.Even for him a student it is filthy.So he has contacted the agent,she is in a meeting.Now the funny thing about this flat is no windows open.I have never heard of that before.There are no windows, no there are windows they just don't have any openings..Another thing there is supposed to be a balcony with unrivalled views,yes i read the e mail description,this morning the assistant to the women asked our son did he have the keys to the balcony door.He said there is no balcony there is no door.So we await the phone call before we go to tackle the agent.What a laugh no opening windows no balcony i wonder who has nicked them.Can you imagine no fresh air ever running through you home.Urgh.
Is that even legal?

I lived in some grotty student digs but they all had openable windows? It must have aircon then, otherwise CO2 builds up which is NOT GOOD. I would walk away from that one, plenty of others in Manchester :okay:

midlife

Guru
Student accommodation has different rules, including how much living space. Developers love them !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Plenty of grotty student accommodation in Manchester, and plenty of very good stuff. Private landlords are not the best. where is he looking - Fallowfield/Withington ? Bear in mind the public transport run into the Uni. Might want a clunker of a bike instead.

Drago

Legendary Member
If they've misrepresented the property then grass them up to the Property Ombudsman. Estate Agents are right up their with solicitors, insurers and all the other Golgafrinchams in my book.

midlife

Guru
Not an estate agent..........a lettings agent. Hopefully they are affiliated to the Uni or are a corporate like Cityblock, otherwise they are a law unto themselves. Dealt with a few over the years :sad:

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
It seems he was not allowed in the flat to view it due to the virus.he was sent photos and a description.So yesterday he was allowed in.that's when he saw how filthy it was.there is no balcony and no window openings.he sees the agent tomorrow to explain it is not as advertised and see if they will find another flat.We are staying in the background letting him sort it out.But he knows we have legal support behind us.next few days should be interesting.Me I would walk away but we have paid his first 750 rent.friffing letting agents\landlords.I am sick of them four years of it just because they are students.they were not brought up to live in sheatholes.we have had problems with everyone of them.

Top Bottom