Waiting for Lizzie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
figbat

figbat

Slippery scientist
I cycled along some of the route hoping to pick up a discarded bidon but none to be had. One was launched at the place I was standing but it was snapped up quickly.

I cycled along some of the route hoping to pick up a discarded bidon but none to be had. One was launched at the place I was standing but it was snapped up quickly.
I hope you reported the rider 😠

;)

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Weather looked horrible on today’s stage!

I feel like this year’s Women’s tour is a bit of a damp squib coming so late in the year and immediately after P-R! Everyone is tired or broken! I wonder if the riders’ hearts are in it!

(I may be wrong, it’s just a feeling I get)

OP
OP
figbat

figbat

Slippery scientist
I’m pretty sure I saw a mudguard on one bike!

crossfire

Lizzie probably had bandages as I seem to remember the commentator after Paris Roubaix saying her hands were rubbed raw after the cobbles! Good on her for turning up.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Does anyone know why there is no live coverage of the womens tour this year, just highlights on ITV4?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I wanted to go but even though im on late shift i have to leave for work at 1.30 pm and half expectign the social worker for mini ck 1 to show up today :sad:

Weather looked horrible on today’s stage!

I feel like this year’s Women’s tour is a bit of a damp squib coming so late in the year and immediately after P-R! Everyone is tired or broken! I wonder if the riders’ hearts are in it!

(I may be wrong, it’s just a feeling I get)
I've only watched Stage 1 (admittedly, this was mainly to watch my face go past in a nanosecond, and a few friends that were on screen for a little longer!). Big disappointment.
I blame the coverage - poor poor commentary, and the whole feel is of some small-time country show.

It's bonkers; I find myself watching the winners of numerous recent races that have entranced me, up against a battery of national/euro champions, and yet I feel I'm watching some 3rd rate juniors race. Just can't get excited about it. :-(

Hard to blame the riders - they're still the best in the world!

Top Bottom