Waiting...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
... for my Archos DVR Travel Adapter, my Helmet Camcorder for Archos 404, 504 and 604 Series and a Archos 405 2GB Portable Media Player to arrive today from Amazon. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Lord of the Teapot said:
... for my Archos DVR Travel Adapter, my Helmet Camcorder for Archos 404, 504 and 604 Series and a Archos 405 2GB Portable Media Player to arrive today from Amazon. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Excellent!:biggrin: Let us know how you get on with it. Being solid state is a good thing as it should have less slip ups than a hard disk recorder. Will you be expanding the memory at all?

Of course we will expect some videos posted very soon....:sad:

OP
OP
LordoftheTeapot
Parcel duely arrived at 8:45. Looked at the camera box and noted that it contains a travel adapter, so the one I bought can go back then :biggrin:

Opened up the Archos 405 box next... Noticed the 'Series 5' print on bottom right. Serious 5?? I thought thats not right, checked the camera box... For 404, 504 and 604! I thought the first number refered to the serious, or was required to be compatable. OK the Archos can be returned with the travel adapter.

I searched around the internet for a suitable FOUR serious Archos Media thingy. Didn't like the one on offer at Amazon, but Currys had just the one. Archos 504 80GB, so I reserved it on-line and set off to the shop.

On arival, after a long wait, the manager informed me that due to a tecnical problem it was not actually in stock. But they had got a 504 160GB for £120.00 extra. I informed him that I did not want that much memory and did not want to pay extra. After a long discusion and after he had made a few phone calls I was able to buy the 180GB for the price of the 80GB :biggrin: :biggrin: :sad:

When I get some footage worthy of posting and suitably edited I will post a link for youtube.

mcd

magnatom said:
Excellent!:biggrin: Let us know how you get on with it. Being solid state is a good thing as it should have less slip ups than a hard disk recorder. Will you be expanding the memory at all?

Of course we will expect some videos posted very soon....:biggrin:

If you're interested in 405 footage, I got one a couple of weeks ago from Action Cameras - the guys there were very helpful and obliging. If you've got plenty of time and download quota, here's the original I uploaded from for my Shorter Commute vid. If you prefer, here's the same thing, but smaller (fewer pixels & frames).

I can do an owner-review if anyone is interested.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Just remind me again, MCD, how much recording time do you get, and how long is battery life? I ideally need something that will do 3-4 hours with enough quality to easily make out reg. numbers.

mcd said:
If you're interested in 405 footage, I got one a couple of weeks ago from Action Cameras - the guys there were very helpful and obliging. If you've got plenty of time and download quota, here's the original I uploaded from for my Shorter Commute vid. If you prefer, here's the same thing, but smaller (fewer pixels & frames).

I can do an owner-review if anyone is interested.

Yes mcd, a review would be great. I'm not in the market at the moment, but I know many others are. Do you have any expanded memory?

OP
OP
LordoftheTeapot
Did my first recording this morning, in the dark. After a short distance I got a pu****e. Had to walk to my clients 'house' and walk all the way back.

Footage not worth posting really, plus I'm not sure how/if I can... Now, where is that learning curve?

Lord of the Teapot said:
Did my first recording this morning, in the dark. After a short distance I got a pu****e. Had to walk to my clients 'house' and walk all the way back.

Footage not worth posting really, plus I'm not sure how/if I can... Now, where is that learning curve?

Was there any swearing? That might be worth posting! :biggrin:

If you need any advice about transferring the videos etc, just post here and someone will know the answer.:biggrin:

OP
OP
LordoftheTeapot
No swearing. It doesn't fix 'em.

I'm more likely to need advice about sorting the bike out. I think the valve has 'torn' from the inner tube, so a new tube will have to be bought and fitted tomorrow. Trouble might arrive when I try to sort out the gearing after removing the back wheel. These modern cycles!

Tynan

Veteran
I'd certainly like to hear the hiss, see the bike slow, hear the swearing, see the hands finding the irreparable damage and then a few seconds of trudging with bike

that's what the camera's for ffs!

Tynan

Veteran
ooo, that Tony Hawkes head cam

'It even comes with a real laser pointer for targeting so you can see where you are filming.'

Tynan said:
ooo, that Tony Hawkes head cam

'It even comes with a real laser pointer for targeting so you can see where you are filming.'

Or you can shine it at drivers eyes! ;) I think it would be a bit dangerous using the laser on the roads!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
MCD, can you change the battery in the Archos 405? That might be an easy way to get around the battery life problem for me, since I'm quite tempted to get the same setup you have.

Top Bottom