Waking up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
Following on from the getting off to sleep thread, who has trouble getting up in the mornings?

I don't, even though I will often leave it until the very last minute before I do. I also find that if I want to be up very early (for a ride usually or an early start for work) that I can set my alarm, for say 5am, and I will wake up just before the alarm goes off. Not always but very much more often than not.
Must be some kind of internal clock. I wouldn't rely on it mind you.

tyred

Legendary Member
I will generally get up as soon as I awake. In fact, if I lie in bed, I will probably get up with a splitting headache for the rest of the day.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
I used to be able to just jump up out of bed and get going, more recently especially with my illness i've found getting up to be a chore.
going to sleep is fine its the other end...
if i'm working an early shift i'll find i wake up about 10 mins before my alarm, which i find odd tbh, if i'm working a regular shift i'll sleep right through till my alarm hehe.
pete

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bit like a rusty old diesel, especially with the meds.

We've got one of those 'daylight' alarms - the light comes on gradually before either the radio or alarm kicks in. Stops the :hyper: when the alarm goes off. It's great in winter.

RaRa

I wake up on time but then struggle to actually get out of bed, I have to put a 2nd alarm clock out of arms reach to force me to actually wake properly and physically get up.

Night Train

Maker of Things
If I have had a reasonable night's sleep I can just get up.
Most times though I end to drag myself out of bed and look and act very unsociable for a while until I have washed and had tea.

Sometimes, especially after a bad sleep or a migraine the previous day, I am very lethargic and lifeless and struggle to get up at all. However, I do try as I get a headache if I stay in bed much after I have woken.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Oh! get (most of) you lot!!

I could sleep for Britain, and am most certainly nocturnal*, so put that in yer pipes and smoke it you diurnal freaks! :evil:

* - Although I am up today. Gowd! All this daylight just feels sooo unnatural!!

Top Bottom