Wales Velothon or Ride London ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rupie

Über Member
I'm sure some of us have done both so just wondered which one people enjoyed the most and liked the best. I know not everyone lives in either london or cardif or wouldn't waste money on either event but if you did and transport was not a problem which would you recommend ?

I'm sure some of us have done both so just wondered which one people enjoyed the most and liked the best. I know not everyone lives in either london or cardif or wouldn't waste money on either event but if you did and transport was not a problem which would you recommend ?
Ride London for me, it's a whole weekend of events, and a couple of pro races chucked in.

U

User482

Ride London is grander - and blasting through a world capital on closed roads is a great feeling. The Velothon is more chilled, the roads are noticeable less crowded, and I thought had a better standard of riding.

The Velothon didn't sell out this year, so you could always enter the London ballot and have Wales as plan B.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Well, that's what they say. But I don't believe them. I'm sure they sort through the entries, find mine, and throw it in the bin, laughing their heads off.

I applied three times and did not get a ballot place three times.
I have done it twice though via two charities - the first year it started (Sue Ryder), and the third year (I did not complete though) - Lymphoma Charity.

I think the RL ballot opens today.

OP
OP
Rupie

Rupie

Über Member
I'm a Wales person myself, the London ride is full of people who are just too agressive, The people who cycle out of cardiff are much more relaxed and froendly.

Top Bottom