walkable overshoes???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

I have a pair of nike overshoes (neoprene)... they are great while riding in the rain...but if I need to get off and push the bike up a nasty hill in the rain i have to take off the overshoes because otherwise the neoprene tears on the road surface. So does anybody know how I could make the underside stronger? or are there other makes that actually have real soles on them....like scuba diver booties?

Will1985

Über Member
Methinks you are speaking from experience BTFB!! There can't be too many long slopes in East Anglia surely...

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

...there were a few hills I walked up....mostly in the earlier days of the trip in the rain when I was fed up. There was another coming out of Sudbury I think that was a bit of a pig.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Some of the MTB models are open sole, with just a strap under the instep and a toe cap. If you get off the bike you can pull the toe cap forwards and unhook it so it rests on top of the shoe, and walk with minimal damage. This does assume that there is a gap between the heel tread and the sole tread for the strap.

Top Bottom