Wallander

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Saw Linda Wallander (Actor Jeany Spark) in the flesh last-night. Mmmmm.... :tongue:

Apparently her Passions are: Cycling, Cake baking, Dickens and her cat. I'm sure ethere's a 'Carry-on' pun in there somewhere...

Saddle bum

Über Member
Last night's edition was a great, gripping yarn.

Where did they find an actor that was a spitting image of Boris Johnson?

sheddy

Legendary Member
Saw Linda Wallander (Actor Jeany Spark) in the flesh last-night. Mmmmm.... :tongue:

Apparently her Passions are: Cycling, Cake baking, Dickens and her cat. I'm sure ethere's a 'Carry-on' pun in there somewhere...

eh, I thought the actress who played Linda committed suicide ?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
There are two "Linda". The one in the Swedish verstion tragically, as you say committed suicide.

There is also Linda in the English one with Kenneth Branagh.

They both play the Detective's daughter, but in the English version, I do not think Linda is a Detective.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Watched the first Wallander last night with Rolf Lassgard taking the lead roll. Having started with Ken I feel we’re moving down the evolutionary scale, if there's an earlier version than this it'll be played by some guy living in a cave and communicating by the medium of grunt. Rolf's Wallander is really down-beat, they cheered him up quite a bit for the later series!!

I haven't read the books but I get the impression we're getting a bit nearer to the real Wallander, the story was better told and the ending without a shoot out at the getaway helicopter, more plausible.

Ken's ok but the Swedish ones are way better and this original one is the best.

Great stuff!!

yello

...in a pub, one Swede says to the other....

Cheers unc, I've not seen (either of) the Swedish ones. I have a friend in the UK (I'm boasting now) that raves about the Swedish one and hasn't seen the Brannagh version. I'll have to ask them which Swedish version they're on about!

U

User169

The Brannagh versions were magnificently shot and looked fantastic. Good soundtracks too.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
On the whole I like the Branagh version but what I don't get is the way half of the cast deliver their lines (the hopeless creature who plays his daughter being the worst offender IMO). I've never heard anybody speak in that curiously lifeless manner, not even in London. Am I alone in this? Or has somebody perhaps actually heard somebody who speaks like that in real life?

Top Bottom