Wanna buy a house?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
THe house we have been living in for the last 20 years was in worse condition than that when we bought it.
We had builders in for 4 months just to make it habitable, we needed to install water, gas and electricity.
Put on a new roof, get rid of wet rot and dry rot, new damp course, new windows throughout, bathroom, kitchen, new floors downstairs, new doors and re plaster most of the walls and ceilings and when we moved in (upstairs only) we still had a cement mixer in the living room.
We paid about half the price for the property when compared to our neighbours at the time, but the building work meant the final cost was probably more than it would have cost to have bought it in perfect nick at the time.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
OK, Noodley Ranch it is...
Sooooooooo cheap!

TVC

250k for a wreck, try moving 200 miles north, you'll get 4 bedrooms in pristine condition, much better scenery and nicer people. Job done.

Doseone

Guru
On the cash only thing - that probably means that the estate agent has recognised that the property is unmortgageable due to defects. There are actually not many defects that would make a property unmortgageable, but the main 2 would be serious structural movement or rampant dry rot.

Noods can I have your fridge please?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
On the cash only thing - that probably means that the estate agent has recognised that the property is unmortgageable due to defects. There are actually not many defects that would make a property unmortgageable, but the main 2 would be serious structural movement or rampant dry rot.

Noods can I have your fridge please?

That would have been my guess

Oh and Noodleys fridge, I believe it travels on its own, with larger wheels it doubles as a camper van

Brains

Legendary Member
250k for a wreck, try moving 200 miles north, you'll get 4 bedrooms in pristine condition, much better scenery and nicer people. Job done.
If they moved it 50 miles north, to South London, then you would need to pay half a million quid for a wreck like that, mind you, once done up, it would be worth well over a million quid almost anywhere decent inside the M25

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I love living in Brighton but prices are crazy. The trouble is that people like to live here and the bloody students never leave; plus the proximity to London means our prices are inflated.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I work for a company that deals with property and I can say that i've seen some interesting properties over the years but nothing quite like that!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Tell her to move up here, she could buy my house for less than that!
No decay or mould tho, she'd have to accept it in pristine condition...

That's a lovely house! Good luck with selling it!

She could get 2 houses for that money up here never mind only 4 bedrooms!

Top Bottom