Want to ride Silverstone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Sod it, I have a mate's retirement do on the Friday, a family party on the Saturday and a Sportive on the Sunday - do you think we could get them to change the dates, it looks like a pretty good day out.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I'm running it tonight - a 10K :blush:

They also do Duathlons there which I may have a bash at later.

Martin

Having cycled round the old track, it wasn't exactly exciting.
Huge wide straights, huge wide corners.
Might be alright at 150mph, but not thrilling in a roadcar let alone on a bike.

Now Cadwell, there's a circuit that's fun to ride round !

Norry1

Legendary Member
andy_wrx said:
Having cycled round the old track, it wasn't exactly exciting.
Huge wide straights, huge wide corners.
Might be alright at 150mph, but not thrilling in a roadcar let alone on a bike.

Now Cadwell, there's a circuit that's fun to ride round !

Trust me, it is exciting at the end of the straights on a motorbike.

Cadwell is like a country lane in comparison - much more interesting

Martin

Big A

Anybody know if you can still ride around Silverstone or any other road tracks? Sounds fun

rb58

Enigma
Paddock Hill Bend at Brands Hatch. Awesome in a car, almost as good on a bike.....

That was at last year's Bike Radar event - but unfortunately it's been canned this year.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Anybody know if you can still ride around Silverstone or any other road tracks? Sounds fun
I did the MacRide at Silverstone last year but unfortunately the event isn't being held this year.

I enjoyed it, but a constant 18 mph wind destroyed any chance of me achieving my target of 40 miles in the 2 hours available. I was on my singlespeed bike and was spinning out on the tailwind sections and grovelling when riding into a headwind.

Having no motor traffic to contend with was fun, as was the lack of potholes and broken glass. There were rather a lot of young kids meandering randomly about the circuit though so I had to keep an eye out for them at all times.

Rebel Ian

Paddock Hill Bend at Brands Hatch. Awesome in a car, almost as good on a bike.....

That was at last year's Bike Radar event - but unfortunately it's been canned this year.

Silverstone sounds fun but would much prefer to ride Brands. An awesome circuit on/in any form of transport.

I'm taking offspring 1.0 (answers to 4id4n usually) to see the motor racing at the Palace next weekend, he is v v excited about it in the way only a 3.8 year old with a car obsession can be. Still haven't been to see the crits up there though, keep being busy on Tuesday evenings, possibly next week.

WychwoodTrev

I am riding anglesey race circuit on sat 28th of this month a week sat for charity. If any one on here is local enough you are welcome to join in for a small donation to the charity say a tenner the ride/race is 3 laps but when its finnished you would be okk to carry on and do as many laps as you like.the ride will be after 6pm when the motorbike racing has finnished. The charity is children with cancer.pm me if you are interested

Top Bottom