Want to see my insect bite?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brock

Sickos!
mossiebite.jpg

Nice eh? I've got two of them, that one which made my entire calf swell up, and one right in the crease of the back of my knee. Had trouble getting out of bed this morning.
The swelling has gone down a bit since last night, so I suppose I'll be ok. ;)

purpleR

Guru
ow ow ow. Do you know what bit you?

OP
OP
Brock

Brock

I assume it was just some variety of flying mosquito type beastie. I had similar reactions twice last year. Apparently if I keep getting bitten by them I'll become more immune.
I'm taking anti histamine tablets to try and control the swelling. Pretty sure it'll be a lot better by tomorrow, but it's going to mean another couple of crater like scars on my otherwise immaculate legs. gasp sob.

Melvil

Ow! Looks sore!

Some wee fella stung me when I was on holiday this july - it was on my ankle and it swelled up so much I couldn't wear a shoe for a couple of days - I was really scared, I have to say!

OP
OP
Brock

Brock

I'd never considered leg shaving as a worthwhile or manly pursuit, but it would be nice not to have the discomfort of mutant mossie bites exacerbated by hairs getting matted into the oozing egg yolk stuff that keeps coming out. ;)

Keith Oates

Janner
A few years ago when my son was about 4 years old he woke up one morning and his left ear and cheek were red and swollen so much that his face was slightly distorted. My wife went bananas and just about stripped the whole house but we never found anything. After about a week it subsided and all returned to normal, but it had us really worried I can tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom