Want to try a tri

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Part time cyclist

Über Member
I think I would like to try a triathlon, I ride a specialized Sirrus hybrid and can run at about 8min miles I can swim as well, but I am not the quickest at any of the above, can any one recommend a good triathlon for a complete novice to try ( that will be another experience ticked on the lists of experiences to do) :smile:

Mrbez

I am going to do the blenheim tri in June. I think it's the weekend of the 9/10.

This will be my first tri also.

007fair

Not particularly close to where you live but my first will be Loch Ore Sprint (near Dunfermline) in early June. I believe it is a gentle introduction to open water swimming - I really hope so!

Hi Ptc, I'm quite local (Sittingbourne) and planning to take part in a few Sprint Tris this year. The ones
that I'm looking at are:
Cranbrook Sprint 3rd of June
Maidstone 24th June
Canterbury 1st of July
Medway 21st of July
Brett Ashford Tri 19th August

Let me know if you need any more info :smile: might meet you at one of those...

OP
OP
Part time cyclist

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Hi Ptc, I'm quite local (Sittingbourne) and planning to take part in a few Sprint Tris this year. The ones
that I'm looking at are:
Cranbrook Sprint 3rd of June
Maidstone 24th June
Canterbury 1st of July
Medway 21st of July
Brett Ashford Tri 19th August

Let me know if you need any more info :smile: might meet you at one of those...

Thanks for your info are any of these suitable for a novice with a flat bar bike, may be able to make the Medway one it will give me a bit of time to get my fitness up, can you give me any more info on this one. Thanks

fimm

Veteran
Any sprint tri, especially pool based ones, should be welcoming to a novice on any kind of bike. I did my first 3 tris on a cheap-o mountain bike with slicks.

Top Bottom