Wanted: 11 tooth gear for 7 speed cassette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I've trawled through the interweb and strolled 'round several local bike shops, and it appears the only way i can buy one of these...

2016-04-07 19.27.10.jpg

...is to buy an entire cassette.

so I'm hoping somebody on here has replaced a cassette and has a relatively unworn 11 tooth gear/cog thingy for a splined cassette that they'll never need. It's to replace a 12 tooth cog, so I'm specifically looking for 11 teeth. It'll be going on a 7 speed cassette, but whether than means it needs to come from a 7 speed i'm not sure (spacers are available).

I'm willing to pay* a few quid plus postage. :smile:

*paypal, bank transfer.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
7 & 8 speed cassettes only ever went as low as 12. If its a newer hub then you could use a 9 speed bottom sprocket.

albion

Guru
On my 7 speed bike, I'm sure I am using an 8 speed cassette, having first removed the smallest 11 tooth from the HG31.

It is extremely unlikely I threw it out but will it fit?

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

On my 7 speed bike, I'm sure I am using an 8 speed cassette, having first removed the smallest 11 tooth from the HG31.

It is extremely unlikely I threw it out but will it fit?
no idea, but I'm willing buy it and try it to find out if you can find it :smile:

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

I will look for it tomorrow. If I find it simply PIM your address and I will post it free.
That'd be very kind of you. I've ordered one from Ebay so no worries if you can't find it. Might try to get my hands on a few since that appears to be the first cog to wear out and I like my wide 12-32 cassette, so when i replace that I'll still be looking to swap the little 12tooth cog for an 11tooth one :smile:

That'd be very kind of you. I've ordered one from Ebay so no worries if you can't find it. Might try to get my hands on a few since that appears to be the first cog to wear out and I like my wide 12-32 cassette, so when i replace that I'll still be looking to swap the little 12tooth cog for an 11tooth one :smile:

I agree about your implied thoughts on the 11T cog. If cycling hadn't gone upmarket znd somewhat mad you would be able to buy small bags of these from the manufacturers/suppliers. FFS, it is a separate bit even when supplied with a brand new boxed cassette.

Last edited:
Top Bottom