Wanted... a good "all in one" radio/sound system C£300

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
And you could always duct tape them together :smile:.

vickster

Legendary Member
If well chosen, matched, & connected, as well as supported perhaps, but there's a lot of tut around, as well as a lot of nonsense spouted about 'separates'.
My parents have one and it’s a very good bit of kit for the money, hence agreeing with the suggestion. Nothing to do with it being ‘separates’

Surely it would be best for the OP to go to a couple of shops and have a look at a few

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
My parents have one and it’s a very good bit of kit for the money, hence agreeing with the suggestion. Nothing to do with it being ‘separates’

Surely it would be best for the OP to go to a couple of shops and have a look at a few
I was taking mild issue with your saying 'so it will sound better', because that isn't necessarily so. The 'all in ones' are both convenient, and if well chosen, rarge from perfectly decent to really very good in terms of sound.

Agree that ideally you'd want to listen to one or two, to get an idea of the sort of sound quality that £x gets you, and where your own personal threshold is.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
If well chosen, matched, & connected, as well as supported perhaps, but there's a lot of tut around, as well as a lot of nonsense spouted about 'separates'.
I have seperates in the lounge. This is just to move between the conservatory and another room. Hence I want a single all in one.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I have seperates in the lounge. This is just to move between the conservatory and another room. Hence I want a single all in one.
Him, true portability is still an issue, even with the ones I've linked. If they're close together (the rooms), then consider having a Bluetooth speaker run as a slave from the other unit, perhaps?

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Him, true portability is still an issue, even with the ones I've linked. If they're close together (the rooms), then consider having a Bluetooth speaker run as a slave from the other unit, perhaps?
Good thought. It will though spend 90% of its time in the conservatory so thats not a big issue.......I trust that has not confused things.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Good thought. It will though spend 90% of its time in the conservatory so thats not a big issue.......I trust that has not confused things.
I've had a read and i can't see any mention of these units doing 'outbound' Bluetooth as I suggested in my last post. Depending on where you are in Cheshire I might be tempted to wander into John Lewis and ask them the question whilst having a look & listen to a few.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
From Richer Sounds

1E84A70A-36F5-4E29-9D31-A2471C5BB170.jpeg

Bought three sets of these. Denon main unit and Audio Q speakers. Fishy-wishy-dishy is an optionsl extra.
This combo works really well and is not to fussed about positioning (as can be seen!). But just sounds great. Listening to jazz-funk right now kicking along nicely.
This one in our living room is temporary until the Rega Brio amp and the IPL acoutics transmission line kit arrives. Then the earth will move. Until then, the above rocks-along nicely. Very detailed and balanced at low volumes which helps!

All available from Richer Sounds...except the dish....

Top Bottom