Wanted - Butterfly bars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I want to try a set of butterfly bars on my hybrid but don't want to fork out a lot incase I don't like them.
Does anyone have any laying around? (have to be black)

Thanks!

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Sorry, no. Nearest I (think I still) have is some silver moustache-y bars. If you don't get on with butterflys and fancy a half way house from those to straights, give me a shout.

Pumpman

Sorry, I can't offer any bars - but I hope you get some. My usual ride is a hybrid, which has the straight bars it came with. My previous biking was on road bikes with drops and I have never understood why anyone would put straight bars on any bike. Mountain bikers and others tell me that the upright riding position is the issue. I can accept that, but straight bars put the hands into an unnatural and uncomfortable position. Butterflybars seem to be the sensible compromise. I have been talking about changing my bars since the day I bought the bike - but I must admit I have just been to lazy to do it. I will do it some day. In the meantime, I hope you get to try some - and I look forward to hearing how you get on with them. It might spur me on to make the change as well.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Sorry, I can't offer any bars - but I hope you get some. My usual ride is a hybrid, which has the straight bars it came with. My previous biking was on road bikes with drops and I have never understood why anyone would put straight bars on any bike. Mountain bikers and others tell me that the upright riding position is the issue. I can accept that, but straight bars put the hands into an unnatural and uncomfortable position. Butterflybars seem to be the sensible compromise. I have been talking about changing my bars since the day I bought the bike - but I must admit I have just been to lazy to do it. I will do it some day. In the meantime, I hope you get to try some - and I look forward to hearing how you get on with them. It might spur me on to make the change as well.
If I don't come across any soon (the local bike recycling place may have some for me to try - he's going to have a look for me) then I'll just chance my arm and buy some. I think I'll like them :smile:

Gez73

Veteran
I have a set in my attic you can have them for free. Never got on with them. Totally wrong headset for them on my hybrid so went back to straight bars and Ergon grips. Let me know if you still want them. Black with cork tape on but you can remove that if you don't want it. Gez

Pumpman

I have a set in my attic you can have them for free. Never got on with them. Totally wrong headset for them on my hybrid so went back to straight bars and Ergon grips. Let me know if you still want them. Black with cork tape on but you can remove that if you don't want it. Gez
I assume ScotiaLass will take you up on this. If not, I would be interested.

Top Bottom