wanted ladies road bike (or small gents)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scotmitchy

I am wanting to try a drop handled bike, but had to pull out of a cycle to work purchase when my car got totalled.

So, partly cos I am skint, and mainly cos I have thought about this for a wee while, I am holding out on buying brand new until I have tried one, and see how much I actually use it.

Does anyone have a bargain basement drop handled bike going for a song, ideally fairly new (ish) to give me the feel for the lighter weight etc.

Not sure of what my budget is, cos I have no idea what you all have lurking in your sheds lol.

Thanks

Tynan

Veteran
there's a trek 1.2 that's been cluttering up our hall for 6 months after my wife decided zumba dance was the way forward for fitness rather than audaxes

i forget the size but she's about 5'7", it's a man's frame but has had a shorter stem fitted, it's a decent bike and has been ridden all of a few hundred miles tops i should think

I'll have to check she wants to let it go and of course your budget is huge enough, it was about £600 new i think

where are you, you can have it on trial perhaps if the size was right with a view to buy?

OP
OP
Scotmitchy

Scotmitchy

I am near Edinburgh. Not sure of my budget ,as I hadn't previously thought of going down the second hand route, but I had been thinking of around £400 new, so no more than half of that second hand, I wouldn't hve thought.

How does that match your expectations?

Tynan

Veteran
£400 might swing it, as said it's been ridden 20 odd times and looks brand new

ain't choo a long way away though

by all means buy new if you prefer, I'm not pushing the bike at all

Top Bottom