Wanted - modern road bike - drop handle bars £300 budget

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
60 cm sounds big to me. I am 6 ft and ride a 56cm and a 57cm. But, I do not know the Triban sizing so it may differ from my other bikes.

OP
OP
P

pad1979

yep definitely gonna try before i buy. my main problemo at the mo is that these things are out of stock near me and i'm going to need a bike for commute so i may have to get something else. halfords had the carrera tdf @ 279 last week now 329 ????????//

OP
OP
P

pad1979

eBayISAPI.dll

ended up plumping for this. got it for 300 so a good deal i think with the upgrades it has and it is absolutely mint. went out for 10 miles on it today very nice to ride just need some proper padded shorts lol ouch

Thanks jazloc.

OP
OP
P

pad1979

yep raleigh airlite sprint with new mavic cxp wheels michelin tyres, tektro calipers and a carbon stem. seems a good deal @ 300 compared with what else was out there.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Also....note they will deliver a fully assembled bicycle (in a huge box!) for £15. Just turn and tighten the stem and handlebars....using the multi tool they supply in the box.

I am between 5.10 and 5.11 with a 29-30cm inside leg and went for the 54cm and this feels perfect for me.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
That's amazingly short legs!
You're not wrong! I make up for it with a long body! Which does make cycle fitting a bit problematic! (I am talking about trouser fit though - not the often advocated shove a book into your crutch while standing against a wall and measure from where the top of the book is on the wall to the floor method!(

Top Bottom