Wanted: Selle Italia Flite or other good quality road saddles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorMantra

I'd like to try the new version (introduced in the last 5 years or so) of the Flite - anyone got one languishing in their parts bin?

I'd consider various versions but I'm most interested in the standard one or the Gel Flow.

I'm also interested in any other decent road saddles from the likes of Spesh, Selle Italia, Fizik etc - I'm still trying to find something that works for me.

Cheers,
Matthew

OP
OP
MajorMantra

MajorMantra

Forgot to add, cheaper is better! I don't care about cosmetic condition as long as a saddle is structurally sound. Ideally I'd spend no more than £30 on a used saddle.

Cheers,
Matthew

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've got a Specalized BG gel saddle I don't want. It is hardly used. PM if you're interested and I'll send you a pic. Was very comfy when I used it but not the lightest saddle around.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's an Avatar 143. It is almost new but very slightly accident damaged in that one rail is a little distorted. In practice you don't notice, especially if you have the saddle forward on its rails. It's very comfortable with two gel pads; you can have it for a tenner if you like. I've just photographed it so can email pics if you PM me with your email address.

OP
OP
MajorMantra

MajorMantra

Hmmm, my experience with the 143 Toupé hasn't been brilliant and I suspect it's partly down to too much width, so I think I'm going to pass, thanks. :biggrin:

A LBS has lent me an SLR XC Gel Flow to try which looks like a possibility. I'd still be interested in a recent Flite if anyone has one.

Cheers,
Matthew

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
MajorMantra said:
Hmmm, my experience with the 143 Toupé hasn't been brilliant and I suspect it's partly down to too much width, so I think I'm going to pass, thanks. :hugs:

A LBS has lent me an SLR XC Gel Flow to try which looks like a possibility. I'd still be interested in a recent Flite if anyone has one.

Cheers,
Matthew

Satans Budgie may be interested in your 143 toupe. He is borrowing one of mine at the moment to try it out.

OP
OP
MajorMantra

MajorMantra

4F said:
Satans Budgie may be interested in your 143 toupe. He is borrowing one of mine at the moment to try it out.

I may offer it to SB in a bit. I'm keeping it for the moment as although it's not very comfortable, it's still one of the better saddles I own.

redjedi said:
I've got a Fizik Pave CX in white for sale

Good condition

See here for pics

£35 free next day delivery (ono)

Tempting, but I didn't get on with the Arione so I don't think a flat Fizik will work for me. I really wanted to like the Arione - it felt great at first - but on medium/long rides it made me very numb.

Cheers,
Matthew

OP
OP
MajorMantra

MajorMantra

Right, the SLR XC Gel Flow was hideously uncomfortable. Not sure if it was just too soft or what but it totally deprived me of sensation in my nethers.

The next experiment is an old style Flite from a forumer but I'd still welcome other offers. :biggrin:

Matthew

PpPete

Legendary Member
Sorrrreeee !
But someone had to say it ...

Like you I seem to on never-ending search for a saddle that will remain comfortable for over 2-3 hours. Flite is one of those on my list to try too.

Top Bottom