Wanted "The Music People"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Anybody got a copy of the "The Music People"? This is a 3 disc vinyl LP (Blue cover) from the days of "woodstock". We used to have a copy, but when we switched to CD's, we somehow got rid of it and my OH is often remembering how good it was.

You can not buy it now in CD format and vinyl copies are hard to find and we no longer have a turntable anyway.

So looking for somebody who has a copy and the means to be able to burn a copy onto CD's and a scanned/photo image of the record sleeve.

What have I got?
- Have a brand new studded winter tyre (30mm)
- A "Ride London" cycling jersey - never worn as I had my entry returned and didn't ride it
- a few other old cycling bits
- or gladly swap for a few £'s + costs

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393561631612?hash=item5ba219eb7c:g:fkAAAOSwCK5hOdNT

Is this it?

Edit: Ok I missed that you need it burnt to CD

OP
OP
Sharky

Sharky

Guru
Yep, that's the one, but is on vinyl.
I suppose I could go for that and then find a way of ripping to a CD.
Thanks for the link

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I think that went to a charity shop in my Great Vinyl Cull of 2015.

Just checked on Discogs... there's no CD issue but there is an 8-track cartridge if that's any use?

There are some 'near mint' LPs on discogs for less than a tenner (inc P&P within and from the UK)... hope that link works :smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sharky

Sharky

Guru
Hmm, quite like the look of that album myself! If you can wait a few weeks I'm happy to buy a copy and I have the turntable and bits to transfer it to MP3...
Thanks for your kind offer, I may take you up on it. But the replies and links provided by yourself and @MontyVeda has got me thinking.

I'm going to buy one of the vinyl copies. Bargains at less than £10! Didn't realise that you could get a copy at those prices.

Then I think I will buy a Bluetooth turntable for my OH'S birthday. We have some old singles somewhere and I think I have a Leonard Cohen lp in the loft. It will bring memories back.

The tyre I mentioned in the first post and the ride London Jersey is still on offer. Don't want anything for them.
Thanks everybody.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'm going to buy one of the vinyl copies. Bargains at less than £10! Didn't realise that you could get a copy at those prices.
Anything that was pressed in the 10,000's doesn't fetch a lot of money... as i discovered when considering flogging all my unwanted vinyl. Great from a buyers point of view but not for sellers.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Amazon have 3 copies on vinyl.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Music-People-Various-60s-70s/dp/B0050AZ64U

And grotty MP3 files too. FLAC would be better.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
As a lo-fi stop-gap, you could recreate the album as a youtube playlist.
I did a quick google of some of the tracks and also found them on various download sites. Some of the sites might have been legal!

Top Bottom