Wanted Thru axle to QR for Cervelo S5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David5416

Über Member
I need a QR adaptor for a Cervelo S5 with thru axle r.a.t system to use on a Tac X turbo trainer. I would ideally like to buy smart trainer but i reckon i could get a pund of rocking horse s... quicker.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
SJS Cycles sell the Robert Axel Project through axel range, should be able to help.

SJS sell a convertor to bog standard 12mm thru axle. Then its a simple conversion to qr. Trouble is cost. RAP convertor is £70!!! You seem to need a new mech hanger hence the price hike.

OP
OP
David5416

David5416

Über Member
SJS sell a convertor to bog standard 12mm thru axle. Then its a simple conversion to qr. Trouble is cost. RAP convertor is £70!!! You seem to need a new mech hanger hence the price hike.
Will have a look at that. Its cheaper than buying a smart trainer I suppose. But then all the wear of the wheel, tyre, cassette etc is probably worth the extra. Will have I look at them though thanks.

OP
OP
David5416

David5416

Über Member
Ahhh, I see what you mean. Swapping axle and gear hanger each time you want to go from trainer to road is going to get frustrating pretty quickly.
Yep mate I think I would become hacked off quite quickly .. Thinks that's why a smart trainer may be the way forward.

Top Bottom