Wanted - Time Trial Clip-On Bars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
Weight of the bars makes naff-all difference.

bonj2

Young Un said:
Fair enough then, Bonj, if you do not like them then I will take you up on your offer:smile:

Steve

ok
i'll let you know - if i do like them, I'll let you know 'cos you might too.
If I don't i'll tell you why i don't, and you can judge for yourself.

seriously though, weight makes sod all difference to a TT - weight mostly makes a difference when (a) accelerating, and (:biggrin: going up hill. Laws of physics.
You'll find for instance that deep section wheels are invariably heavier than non-deep section.

bonj2

Young Un said:
I was just surprised they weighed that muc. Weight does come in to play in a minor way for the TT's I do because they always end in a hill:angry:

does it not have an equivalent downhill before it to compensate?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Young Un said:
I was just surprised they weighed that muc. Weight does come in to play in a minor way for the TT's I do because they always end in a hill:angry:

Whats your point with it finishing on a hill? HTFU.
You could probably lose more weight and make yourself faster by losing weight from round the waist(not saying your fat) but its true.
Slowest 10 for me was something like 29:58, that was on a 65" fixed, so i was averaging about 120rpm, and my legs were going very fast.
Fastest is 24:06 on a hill-ish course. Thats with a steal bike. Im sure your alu/carbon bike weighs less then that.

Will1985

Über Member
30:00 on a 65" gear is 104rpm Joe :biggrin:

Joe24

Alright then 104 rpm.
I did do a huge skid as i went across the finish line though:laugh::smile::laugh:
The older people didnt appreciate it:wacko:

mr-marty-martin

well im 15, worked 3 days this week waitering and made just over £80 :laugh:

( thats paid for ma new skinsuit...)

im not a tester, but im going to give a couple of tt's a go in the next few weeks, then the ghs district final...

Joe24

mr-marty-martin said:
well im 15, worked 3 days this week waitering and made just over £80 :laugh:

( thats paid for ma new skinsuit...)

im not a tester, but im going to give a couple of tt's a go in the next few weeks, then the ghs district final...

Your mate couldnt get you one cheap then?
(have i got the right person)
As for working, YC, get working. Whats stopping you? Do you not have rest days? Or days you can work for so long and train in the remainding time?

Joe24

I work one day a week, for 4 hours, and im faster now then what i was last year.
Im not training as much either. Which leaves me time to work, do a paper round, train and see my GF. Oh and go to 6th form

Top Bottom