Wanted: winter hack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrRidley

If you get time pop along to the www.commonwheel.org.uk, it's in Bridgeton, (east end) i was in the shop on thurs, old boy Jim who runs it, has a few in there, it's one of those bike recycling shops, dont know how much, but you could always have a look.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

bhoyjim said:
If you get time pop along to the www.commonwheel.org.uk, it's in Bridgeton, (east end) i was in the shop on thurs, old boy Jim who runs it, has a few in there, it's one of those bike recycling shops, dont know how much, but you could always have a look.
That's an idea Jim.

I'll see if I can set aside some time to pop over.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

jay clock said:
This loks perfect for your needs. Cheap (very) and you can post abike for under £20 with parcelforce, getting a box from a bike shop

Hmm. Looks a little small for me (I'm 5ft 10inch) and I'm not a big fan of downtube shifters! :biggrin: Thanks for the suggestion though...I am a fussy bu@@er! :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Looks a nice bike, but I'm sure it will be a wee bit above my budget.

I suppose I could stretch my budget to £200 if anyone has a reasonable second hand road bike to offload.

I think I will be needing a geared bike, as it looks like I will be moving a bit further away from work and have some more hills to cover. Fixed and hills in the winter doesn't appeal!

gavintc

Guru
Mags,

I have my alu Ribble winter framed bike for sale. I have recently re-built it up from the frame with Tiagra triple components and it has a new rear deraileur and chain. The cassette is pretty new. The brakes are 105 (they would not fit my new Kinesis). It takes full guards. The frame has horizontal geometry and I think it is 58 cm. The wheels are Shimano 500 with Prorace 2 tyres. I am looking for £250 for it.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Ooh. I suppose I could stretch to £250. Nice bike as I remember. At 5ft 10 inch would it be a bit big though. What do you think Gav? (On phone at moment. Write properly later. )

Tel

Veteran
Considering selling my hack. Had it for a fair few years and is a tatty frame was a Record Sprint originally, 501 aero space tubing has cheapish shimano gears (7 or 14) Ultegra octalink crank, 105sc hubs on mavic 190 rims, halfords carbon seat post, nice saddle, etc. Probably be looking for £120 posted.

The brakes need sorting though as I only have recess brakes, I've drilled the forks to take them but need an angle drill to get the back sorted. Also needs taping up.

Tel

Veteran
Actuakky regarding the brakes it does have a centre pull hanger on the back (professionally added when my dad had the frame) and I still have the quite nice dia-compe centre pulls for it which I'll include in the sale. So it'll just need taping up then...

Tel

Veteran
Sorry just got it down to take a picture and have decided to split and keep so only the frame and brakes are available now....

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Just to confirm, I am still looking. Gavintc's bike was too big for me and Tel changed his mind before I had a chance!

My life is pretty hectic at the moment, so I don't have a chance to search for one, so if anyone on here has something...:blush:

Top Bottom