Wanting to be the fastest on a particular Strava segment...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Upstream

Upstream

Gentlemen - Thank you for the advice. It just goes to show how good advice and information can really pay off. During my previous attempt I was four seconds off the top spot. Having done what was suggested by a few people here (don't go flat out at the start and blow up, get fast then freewheel a little and get as aero as possible, save some energy for the uphill bits), I tackled the segment during my morning ride and managed to get the top spot by 8 seconds which was an incredible 12 seconds faster than I had ever managed to achieve in the past!

Thanks again guys :cuppa:

Raging Squirrel

My girlfriends uncle got KOM on a segment, and the original KOM apparently went ballistic. This guy then went out to beat it, which he did by a few seconds. The uncle beat this new KOM time on his next ride to work. Again this other guy was going mental, and was going out at 2 or 3am when the roads were quiet with the sole purpose of getting KOM back.

OP
OP
Upstream

Upstream

My girlfriends uncle got KOM on a segment, and the original KOM apparently went ballistic. This guy then went out to beat it, which he did by a few seconds. The uncle beat this new KOM time on his next ride to work. Again this other guy was going mental, and was going out at 2 or 3am when the roads were quiet with the sole purpose of getting KOM back.

Haha... Wow - I just hope that the original KOM doesn't ever find out who your girlfriends uncle is - He'll probably start stalking him if he does ;-)

Cooper645

I find that going to the segment page in question, then clicking the date link of the current KOM will take you to their ride along that segment, then below the map click the comparison tab, then you can see where they were faster than you and you can change the way you ride the segment to match them if they had a better technique than you.

Hont

Guru
There are definitely strava weirdos out there :ph34r:

+1

The first KOM I lost I checked the guy's whole ride and he averaged 12.5 mph for it but 16+mph up the 10% KOM. So the whole purpose of his ride had been to get that KOM. That's about the time that I started making all my rides private.

Top Bottom