Wanting to get into TT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Where would you do one one a week?

Anywhere? Every district is littered with a mix of club and open events weekly. This year I did a club event most Mondays and an open event most Saturdays. Even did a few midweek opens, raced up to 3 times a week a couple of weeks.

You can easily race weekly, you could probably race 3-4 times a week most weeks. The issue with racing frequently is that a 10 mile TT results in a low training stress score so is not particularly good "training" and at the same time, many people will be tempted to go easy the day before and also the day after (more sacrificed quality training).

Less race, more pace as my clubmate says.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Anywhere? Every district is littered with a mix of club and open events weekly. This year I did a club event most Mondays and an open event most Saturdays. Even did a few midweek opens, raced up to 3 times a week a couple of weeks.

You can easily race weekly, you could probably race 3-4 times a week most weeks. The issue with racing frequently is that a 10 mile TT results in a low training stress score so is not particularly good "training" and at the same time, many people will be tempted to go easy the day before and also the day after (more sacrificed quality training).

Less race, more pace as my clubmate says.

Lost me :headshake:

VamP

Banned
Of course, there's no actual need to go easy the day before and the day after a race. And if you ride to your event, and throw in a second TT (off the clock) the training score for the day is suddenly very good. So if you do that for your club TT midweek, and prepare more 'properly' for your weekend race, then you will get to race twice a week, and not de-train as a result. Just saying.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
Why do you TT every wednesday night?
It is my club weekly ten mile TT. There are actually two clubs near me that both do every Wednesday night through late spring/summer. My club also does a hilly TT every other Monday night. It is a bit different, being a loop rather than an out and back, and being hilly means its a bit more scenic - not that I get to look at the view!:laugh:

Top Bottom