Wanting to get into TT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Yes, a 30 minute ride is 20 mph and is often referred to as evens. Easily done on a road bike without any aero aids so don't feel pressured to buy anything.

I've got some clip on aero Bars from my triathlon last year. I rate a 30min 10 mile TT is a easy target for me to do. Will look out for these Club TT's and see how I fair.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
This thread has also sparked my interest. After a quick Google search I have found my local 10m route so will give it a go at some point.

endoman

and expensive........... Thats the part I dont want to get invloved in.

As expensive as you choose, plenty good second hand knocking around.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
and expensive........... Thats the part I dont want to get invloved in.
Well, it doesn't have to be. I've been riding TT's for three or four years and until this year the only thing I bought was a pair of aero bars - which you've already got.
I ride my normal road bike, normal clothes and helmet. I got a light hearted telling off last year for leaving my water bottle in the cage - "you'll knock loads off, leave it at the start".
The one thing that's stopped me spending is that as I'm only chasing my own times it feels like I'm cheating if I get a better time because of the gear. At the moment I know that the improvements in my times have come from losing weight and working harder.
BUT........there are worse things you could spend your money on!
It is addictive, I must admit that when I'm riding I think "what the hell am I doing this to myself for!" but as soon as I've finished I'm looking forward to the following week. I've never looked forward to Wednesday nights so much - bring on the new season^_^:hyper:

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Well, it doesn't have to be. I've been riding TT's for three or four years and until this year the only thing I bought was a pair of aero bars - which you've already got.
I ride my normal road bike, normal clothes and helmet. I got a light hearted telling off last year for leaving my water bottle in the cage - "you'll knock loads off, leave it at the start".
The one thing that's stopped me spending is that as I'm only chasing my own times it feels like I'm cheating if I get a better time because of the gear. At the moment I know that the improvements in my times have come from losing weight and working harder.
BUT........there are worse things you could spend your money on!
It is addictive, I must admit that when I'm riding I think "what the hell am I doing this to myself for!" but as soon as I've finished I'm looking forward to the following week. I've never looked forward to Wednesday nights so much - bring on the new season^_^:hyper:

Why do you TT every wednesday night?

Top Bottom