Warm overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
I find wind stopper clothing to actually not perform as well as more breathable stuff. Probably it's to do with how much sweat is trapped and then cools next to your skin. If you were not being very active then I'm positive it would be great however. Also don't forget that if it is too tight then it wont trap as much warm air as if it is slightly baggy. Try losing a pair of socks and see if you feel any difference.

yenrod

>Warm overshoes

I was thinking of this today then forgot about it once in the shower when the true pain of warm water on cold toes was EXCRUCIATING !

Tynan

Veteran
winter shoes?

pondering a pair at the mo, makes sense, getting tired of putting on and taking off overshoes, and my big toes still get cold

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
i got some of them diadora boots (the mtb version) Very windproof, and plenty toasty for me

Bigtallfatbloke

I am riding with 4 pairs of woollen socks and overshoes at the moment and my feet are still cold! The plastic bag thing works, but it's a pain getting them on under the overshoes and then cutting a hole so the cleats poke through.Surely there must be some waterproof, warm overshoes out there which are also walkable and available in larger sizes??????

bonj2

I spied some thermal windproof motorbike socks my mum bought as a xmas present for my bro. so I won't know what brand they are till xmas, but they looked damn warm. when i do find out what they are i'll let you know (and probably get some for m yself)

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I've just got some Endura ones through from Wiggle as I was sick of having cold feet.

The weather warmed up just as soon as I opened them but if it gets cold again I'll post back to how they perform ;)

a clubmate uses bubble wrap under the overshoes to trap a layer of air and swears it works.
he has a template to cut the bubble wrap to shape bfore use.

Top Bottom