1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warm overshoes

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Jacomus-rides-Gen, 13 Dec 2007.

1. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

I suffer from cold feet, and even with 2 pairs of socks and Gore windstopper overshoes my feet get seriously chilled. Can anyone recommend some toasty overshoes?

2. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

I find wind stopper clothing to actually not perform as well as more breathable stuff. Probably it's to do with how much sweat is trapped and then cools next to your skin. If you were not being very active then I'm positive it would be great however. Also don't forget that if it is too tight then it wont trap as much warm air as if it is slightly baggy. Try losing a pair of socks and see if you feel any difference.

3. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

A couple of plastic bags over your socks is a much better bet than two pairs of socks.

4. monnet

monnet Über Member

Get a pair of Sidi rechargeable heated in insoles.

5. mikeitup

mikeitup Senior Member

At £150 a pair? :evil::ohmy:

6. yenrod

yenrod Guest

>Warm overshoes

I was thinking of this today then forgot about it once in the shower when the true pain of warm water on cold toes was EXCRUCIATING !

7. buddha

buddha Veteran

In a similar thread from that other forum (linky) somebody mentioned that it's important to keep your core temperature up amongst other things. http://www.roadbikerider.com/warmfeet.htm
    Which sounds like a good excuse to stop for a hot cup of tea and some cake:thumbsup:

8. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

winter shoes?

pondering a pair at the mo, makes sense, getting tired of putting on and taking off overshoes, and my big toes still get cold

9. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

i got some of them diadora boots (the mtb version) Very windproof, and plenty toasty for me

10. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I am riding with 4 pairs of woollen socks and overshoes at the moment and my feet are still cold! The plastic bag thing works, but it's a pain getting them on under the overshoes and then cutting a hole so the cleats poke through.Surely there must be some waterproof, warm overshoes out there which are also walkable and available in larger sizes??????

11. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

I spied some thermal windproof motorbike socks my mum bought as a xmas present for my bro. so I won't know what brand they are till xmas, but they looked damn warm. when i do find out what they are i'll let you know (and probably get some for m yself)

12. Panter

Panter Just call me Chris...

I've just got some Endura ones through from Wiggle as I was sick of having cold feet.

The weather warmed up just as soon as I opened them but if it gets cold again I'll post back to how they perform ;)

13. piedwagtail91

piedwagtail91 Über Member

a clubmate uses bubble wrap under the overshoes to trap a layer of air and swears it works.
    he has a template to cut the bubble wrap to shape bfore use.