Warning! Warning! Warning!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was browsing Google and I went onto this link... it is the official Men's Health website

MOD EDIT:
Link removed for Members' security.

I don't know if this link triggered it, or I MIGHT have been hacked somehow, but just after I opened that link in a new tab, an audio message from "anonymous" saying "we are legion" e.t.c played, which was warning cyclists and vloggers that they are sick of our videos and we shall be expecting them. I don't know if you have got the audio message or it's Men's Health that has been hacked, but it's pretty creepy. I had no YouTube videos open or anything that could have triggered the audio message, only the Men's Health webpage. I have reset my router to trigger an ip address change as that is all I can do if it is my PC. It might not be my PC as they would have messed my stuff up, so I think it might be the Men's Health page, but I thought I'd let cycling vloggers know that you should be very cautious!

Last edited by a moderator:

classic33

Leg End Member
Check your computer for all files created/modified just before you opened that link. *.* will search for all files.

OP
OP
TheLondonCyclist
Check your computer for all files created/modified just before you opened that link. *.* will search for all files.
I don't know how to go about that exactly... I have gone into "my computer and searched *.* and it came up with loads of folders. I cleared my recent history and everything as soon as I heard the message. How would I search for files before a certain link opening in firefox?

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't know how to go about that exactly... I have gone into "my computer and searched *.* and it came up with loads of folders. I cleared my recent history and everything as soon as I heard the message. How would I search for files before a certain link opening in firefox?
Advanced options, and select the date

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The link was ok. I recon he has dodgy spyware, or someone has popped a proxy on your internet settings.

Most internet settings won't have a proxy. If you check them and you are directed via a proxy, then all your traffic isn't going straight to your ISP, so they can hijack some of your pages.

OP
OP
TheLondonCyclist
The link was ok. I recon he has dodgy spyware, or someone has popped a proxy on your internet settings.

Most internet settings won't have a proxy. If you check them and you are directed via a proxy, then all your traffic isn't going straight to your ISP, so they can hijack some of your pages.
No. Never have any of that stuff. I was speaking to a worker at Men's Health and they are investigating as someone else heard the audio message also. I use private proxies every now and then for personal reasons, but all is good on my end.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
No. Never have any of that stuff. I was speaking to a worker at Men's Health and they are investigating as someone else heard the audio message also. I use private proxies every now and then for personal reasons, but all is good on my end.
I wouldn't worry, the real anonymous is too busy doing internet dount rings round the US government and its corrupt partners.
It was likely a embedded sound track for certain members who logged onto the site,

Top Bottom