Warrington cyclist down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
This is my route between my house and the MIL's house, i've cycled it in the pouring rain and all sorts but never seen this, very shocking indeed.
i hope the driver is found sharpish.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I'm a car driver, and am appalled at this.

Regardless of the victim's mode of transport, the driver's hit someone and driven off leaving them (touch-wood I'm wrong) to die in the road....

RIP ... yet again. Condolences to family and friends.

sabian92

Über Member
He was arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving, I saw it on Facebook before. I'm a member of the Runcorn Cycle Group on facebook and some of the guys knew him, and had posted about it.

They've definitely got the guy, by all accounts there was at least one witness who saw it happen.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I used to commute (by car) along this road every day. It's a very wide road and would've been quiet at that time of day, so it's baffling. On a personal note, the incident happened just passed my mother's house, and it'll make her worry about me being out on my bike.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/motorist-who-killed-cyclist-told-9188551
Prosecutor:
“He has pleaded guilty to causing death by careless driving without due care and attention. The prosecution say that’s not remotely good enough.

“His driving on this occasion fell far below what is expected of a competent and careful driver.”

Hooray!

The (stupid) bastard fled the scene of the accident, but nevertheless rang his insurer to claim the damages. I hope he rots in jail.

Top Bottom