Was a Wreck This Morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Damn you van drivers !!!!

Seems they are all on a mission to take me out, had 3 VERY CLOSE calls this morning alone, the footage will make for some good youtube fun tho !!!

Gaz

I had one down that crap route from Tower Gateway yesterday but I really believe the driver was dozing off,nothing malicious but I did have a go at him when I caught up at lights...

Checked it on the video because it p155ed me off all day and I think I was justified in having a go at him...Van driver was behind him and the van gave me no trouble with a decent pass.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Was bloody scary, the thing is, yesterdays weather seemed to have caused numpty-ville, I have about 5 clips like that one now and 2 roadie on the pavement !!!

I'll stick em on youtube tonight (IF I make it to work ok LOL)

Lee, I get what you are saying but allow me, this evening, to show you a clip 30 seconds before that one to show how MENTAL drivers on that road are if you are in primary !

Gaz

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Portwood (rat run to the Motorway)- I tend to go down Newbridge Lane instead and round the back to Asda/Sainsbury's...much less cars and no Portwood roundabout (massive 4 laner) to cross.

Crap pull out though....

potsy

Rambler
Portwood (rat run to the Motorway)- I tend to go down Newbridge Lane instead and round the back to Asda/Sainsbury's...much less cars and no Portwood roundabout (massive 4 laner) to cross.

Crap pull out though....

I don't mind Portwood roundabout going that way,just got to watch for the 'left hookers' going up St Mary's Way.I use the subways coming the other direction though.
Like Fossy says it's a real rat run there,loads come down Brinnington Road and cut through too,stay safe Gaz.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Fossy, Potsy

I have no idea what your talking about LOL....Runs off to play with Google Earth :biggrin:

Downward

Guru
The problem is the lack of traffic means they all leave later to get to their jobs quicker and drive like loonies.

I have noticed a fair few close overtakes by WVM this week.

Norm

By way of counterpoint, I had a couple of fantastic experiences commuting yesterday. I ride a very wiggly road through a village which is about a mile long, with two pinchpoints of about 100m each. As it's a 20mph limit, I am usually travelling at about the same speed as the cars but my knees wouldn't work yesterday so I wasn't travelling that quickly.

On the way in yesterday morning, I was followed through the village by a blacked-out Range Rover Sport who gave me loads of room, no hassling, no intimidation and who even waited until there was a large clear gap before overtaking, a move which he made clear across the other side of the road. Grateful thanks were waved his way.

And again, on the way home, it was about 8pm so there was very little traffic but a blue van followed me through the village, again without trying to intimidate me and again leaving plenty of room as he passed.

I didn't want to risk it a third time, so I'm in the car today. :biggrin:

Top Bottom