Was she having a dig at me or what!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rovers1875

Veteran
This evening I had popped out for a quick ride, After around 10 mins I spied a potential victim. About 150 yards up the road was the intended prey. So I thought "take it easy, speed up gradually then pounce". As I stared to close the gap I began to wonder what it was I was approaching (all big, yellow and billowing) and as I neared I realised it was a lady / girlie type of person wearing a big flappy yellow plastic mac, mega high heel boots and shortie shorts (not exactly your usual cycle gear, but curiously very nice). Anyway by this time I had committed and with a final burst flew past and with a cheery "evening" I shot past (quick glance at speedo, 28 mph) (slight down hill, wind assisted) and went on my merry way, feeling slightly smug. Around a mile later and going up a slight incline, I was pootling along minding my own business. When I notice a shadow approaching (yes we had some sunshine) a quick glance behind and there, just about to pass me was my aforementioned victim. Before I could react, she passed me with a vicious " must have been all the weight assisting you down the hill" then had the audacity to turn off laughing, before I could retaliate.
Some people just know how to spoil a ride

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
That would've been Christine Froome...

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Reminds me of once following an elderly chap with all his fishing gear on the back , took me about two miles to catch him on a long flat road ,, I could not believe how quick he was , then as I finally passed him realised he had an electric bike ,, (well that's my story and I am sticking to it ,, defo electric assisted)

Top Bottom