Was this Mercian too expensive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I won’t be having a punt, can’t be arsed with the 250 mile round trip.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
What I really want is a Gillott, that is the right size, not in excellent condition, not stupid money, and doesn’t require an expedition to collect it. That’s what I really want, I’ve been looking for years, as yet to no avail.

I will keep an eye out and if I see something I will let you know.

Got a nice Sid Mottram though

carpenter

Über Member
Come on Elton - i just had a look at the re listing :

wash and wax the “stealth black frame”
Buy a tube of “Autosol” and give metal work a polish
get rid of rack
leave mudguards as the bike is “ready for the winter training sessions”
possibly fresh bar tape
that “ classic British Brooks saddle” still has enough life in it to “ mould itself to the lucky new owners anatomy” - it is certainly not uncomfortable :stop:

What is your inside leg measurement/height, as you have ridden the bike for 100’s (1000’s ?) of miles and a person of similar stature would find it a “supremely comfortable steed”

£100 is not too much

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Come on Elton - i just had a look at the re listing :

wash and wax the “stealth black frame”
Buy a tube of “Autosol” and give metal work a polish
get rid of rack
leave mudguards as the bike is “ready for the winter training sessions”
possibly fresh bar tape
that “ classic British Brooks saddle” still has enough life in it to “ mould itself to the lucky new owners anatomy” - it is certainly not uncomfortable :stop:

What is your inside leg measurement/height, as you have ridden the bike for 100’s (1000’s ?) of miles and a person of similar stature would find it a “supremely comfortable steed”

£100 is not too much

Inside leg is 33 inches, 6ft tall. But, it’s not the money, it’s too far away.

carpenter

Über Member
Inside leg is 33 inches, 6ft tall. But, it’s not the money, it’s too far away.
My Apologies - i thought that you were the seller looking for advice on why it hasn’t sold :blush:

If you want to sell a bike on ebay, offer postage. I may be willing to drive 50 miles or so for a bargain buy that I really want which gives very little available, although I see lots I would buy and pay the 20-30 quid postage on If it was offered. Take a look in the "sold items" it tells a tale, often premium prices paid.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
If you want to sell a bike on ebay, offer postage. I may be willing to drive 50 miles or so for a bargain buy that I really want which gives very little available, although I see lots I would buy and pay the 20-30 quid postage on If it was offered. Take a look in the "sold items" it tells a tale, often premium prices paid.

The days of being able to parcel courier a bike for £20-30 are long gone I am afraid so you either add £30 to the price of the bike.

Top Bottom