Where do you wash car?

• Yourself

Votes: 40 72.7%
  • Car wash centre

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Mobile service

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
No sealant (not even Ceramic) will last 3 years without maintenance. Autoglym is good cost effective stuff for regular polish and cleaning products.

That's right..it doesn't last years.
I will get some more..
6 month as to 6 weeks with wax

I have been a car owner and driver for just about 40 years, and in that time I have never, ever put a car through a car wash machine, or ever used a car wash/pressure wash at a garage.

I certainly can't claim to be a regular car washer, but I am not averse to giving the car a quick spruce up if the weather is kind.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Nobody has ever washed any of my white vans. I did once have to wipe the guano off one of the windscreens after foolishly parking it under a cherry tree.

midlife

Guru
I have no attachment to our Citroen and don't wash it, might wipe the number plate to stay legal...

BITD I kept my Impreza spotless.....even had special autobahn wax for the wheels lol

2ladnrk.jpg

de292b98f0ba0e29b09a898e4632a4ca--wheel-wax-wheels.jpg

colly

Re member eR
Had my van two and a half years. Washed it once and it was a pain to do. It's been washed twice since by the local car wash guys.
It only needs it in the winter anyway. Looks fine all summer.

tyred

Legendary Member
I don't do it that often but I always do it myself. I take the time to wash under the wheelarches and other mud traps and check the thing all over for any corrosion or anything coming loose or in need of attention. I doubt a car wash would be that thorough.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Over 400 BHP :smile:
It was play on your personalised number plate. Thought that was going to obvious, obviously!

gbb

Legendary Member
Wash my own for various reasons.
I like to. I even wash my daughters or daughter in laws on occasions, usually sneak out and wash them without asking them...gives them a surprise.

I'm tight. I hate paying a tenner for someone to do something I enjoy...plus I'm tight.

It' a good opportunity to check tyres, pressures, levels etc.

I hate giving money to cash only services, car washes, taxis etc...i doubt 50% of it gets declared.

As said earlier, i dread to think of the chemicals that get used...many of the car washes I see, the concrete or paving is eaten away where the acid has washed off.

Top Bottom