Wash yer bidons properly!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
denture tabs. use em for bidons and camelbaks.
occasional scrub with a brush but mostly just a soak.
not dead yet

Alun

Guru
Any taste left over from bleach/milton can be cleared by adding some pure lemon juice to water and soaking overnight.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I just don't understand this obsession with bleach and freezing; mildew needs moisture so if you dry the bottle and leave the top off in storage, mildew won't grow. Just upend it for an hour or two on the draining board before you put it away!

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I have the brewery chemicals to help me :tongue:

A cheap way would be to buy some campden tablets from Wilkos, crush one in a bottle and soak over night

Globalti

Legendary Member
Why? I've been using PE drink bottles for 24 years and never a hint of mildew; I just rinse, drain and store with the cap off.

My Camelback on the other hand has a good growth of mildew inside the tube because you can't dry it out. I just carry on using it; it hasn't killed me.

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
I do as what professional racing cyclists do and throw the bidon to the side of the road after taking a drink. Go through loads of bottles every year:laugh: I stopped using plastic bottles a while back and have started using stainless steel bottles instead, they do have a screw top which is not a problem and find them easier to clean plus I dont get the after taste with drinking out of plastic bottles anymore.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I do as what professional racing cyclists do and throw the bidon to the side of the road after taking a drink. Go through loads of bottles every year:laugh: I stopped using plastic bottles a while back and have started using stainless steel bottles instead, they do have a screw top which is not a problem and find them easier to clean plus I dont get the after taste with drinking out of plastic bottles anymore.

Won't the metal bisons knock folk out as you through them into pedestrians?

__________________________________________________________________________________
Sent from a Victorian Terrace house, red brick, 1882 build.

buddha

Veteran
A few weeks ago I used my hack bike. Left the bottle in the cage.
A week later, I used the bike again. Half way to the shops I needed a drink. Took a swig.
Hmm ... tastes of penicillin. Had a look and there was sentient* life growing inside the bottlexx( . Nice.

*compared to most people in south london.

Top Bottom