Washer-Dryers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Any good?

Worth the bother or just stick to washing machine and get a tumble dryer when I've got more space?

Unless they've improved dramatically, go for 2 separate machines, our old (admittedly 10+ years ago) combined effort took ages to dry anything. And aren't tumble-dryers on a par with patio heaters for climate change?

Oh, forgot, we've got one!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My sis-in-law has one that works well. We have 2 sep machines, but (on my insistence) only use the tumbly when outside is wet and someone needs it NOW

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
So cheap ones are crap but the top end of the market, Miele etc., work on a par with separates? Would that be fair?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Never had a problem with our washer-dryer. Not compared it with a separate one, but it seems to work OK. I prefer the line though, weather permitting.

sheddy

Legendary Member
I seem to remember that WHICH said they were to avoided. That was a few yrs back. They should have the mags in your local library.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
if you can accommodate two, do so. we used to have a combined one which did a 6kg wash but could only do a 4kg dry. where the other 2kg was meant to go wasn't mentioned in the instructions…;)

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Got a modern combined one. It's pointless imho. Dries out things like very thin shirts slightly and barely touches anything else. The shirts would dry in about 4-6 hours if left somewhere aired properly overnight. Even the worst tumble driers I've used (I'm not a fan and prefer not to use them if possible) were vastly superior at least making a decent effort at drying thicker materials.

bonj2

Mine's great, at the end of the day it WILL do what it says on the tin.
However, only when it's not particularly full (things will still be slightly damp if it's crammed) and only put clarty old clothes in it and towels as any nice well fitting clothes it shrinks them. And it probably does use quite a bit of electricity.

Top Bottom