Washer-Dryers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
buggi said:
i don't even have a drier. only wish i had one for towels.

I don't have one either, I just have lots of towels* so I'm not left waiting for them to dry.

*and socks and undies and cycling gear and walking clothing etc etc etc.

Slowgrind

We use a washer drier and it`s spot on! Read the instructions where it says that the drier load is less than the wash load and you won`t go wrong!

on the road

Über Member
Most cycling kits arn't suitable for the dryer, if the wash label has
dry4.gif
on it, then don't put it in the dryer.

col

Legendary Member
We have seperate ones,much better,as you can be drying while washing,when its wet outside,and less to go wrong,you can always manage with out a dryer,but not well with out a washer.

sheddy

Legendary Member
I wonder if it might cause slightly less env damage if peeps could set their tumbly to come on overnight, in order to even out the daytime/nightime power consumption on the National Grid.

col

Legendary Member
simon l& and a half said:
bad news for the planet

There are lots of things bad for the planet,the result of modern living,but living in a wooden hut in the wilds,without electricity,just isnt very practical at the moment;)

twowheelsgood

Buy more clothes so you don't need the same ones 5 minutes after you wash them. Become more diciplined and plan ahead when you need things washed.

Tumble driers are totally unecessary.

2 years car-free, 37 years tumble drier free.

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
twowheelsgood said:
Buy more clothes so you don't need the same ones 5 minutes after you wash them. Become more diciplined and plan ahead when you need things washed.

Tumble driers are totally unecessary.

2 years car-free, 37 years tumble drier free.

Not possible with a young 'un I'm afraid. Nothing stays clean for longer than two minutes. Her favourite game at the moment is taking a mouthful of black grape juice and then letting it all dribble out onto her front and anything else in range! :girl::girl: For some reason she finds it absolutely hilarious! :sad:

Anyhow I've decided to not bother now, I got our present one fixed at the weekend for £50 cash so saving me having to pay out a thousand quid for a washer dryer! :sad:

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
twowheelsgood said:
It's a question of choice. Saying something's impossible is patently nonsense as most people, even today do it.

If you want to go live in a cave, do it, no ones gonna stop you. Just don't try and force anyone else to live your way thanks. Life's too short.

Top Bottom