Washing kit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

red_tom

Gah, does it ever end. I'm doing quite a lot of training at the moment (Rowing and getting back into running). My wife is training for a marathon so the washing machine is on nearly every day. Anyone have any cunning tips for 'managing the load'

I predict someone will say edible pants.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Take it a bit easier and don't sweat so much... then you can get 2 wears out of each item.... :laugh::ohmy::angry:

striker

Fnaar said:
Take it a bit easier and don't sweat so much... then you can get 2 wears out of each item.... :laugh::ohmy::angry:

As long as you are training outside. come down my gym wearing second time kit and the instructors throw you out.

walker

red_tom said:
Gah, does it ever end. I'm doing quite a lot of training at the moment (Rowing and getting back into running). My wife is training for a marathon so the washing machine is on nearly every day. Anyone have any cunning tips for 'managing the load'

I predict someone will say edible pants.

and tell the wife to take it easy, work her way up from a penguin then to a twix then a mars Bar, only then would she truely be able to take on a marathon..... or a snickers as they are now called

My wife is always complaining about the ammount of cycle kit she has to wash. 2/3 commutes a week, a long run on a Sunday and at this time of year usually a midweek evening training run. She usually just puts it on a quick wash in our machine with non-bio liquid. Seems to do the trick as it keeps all my cycle kit fresh

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Turn 'em inside out, then turn 'em back to front!

domtyler

Über Member
We do an enormous amount of washing with a young one with a real talent for making large amounts of mess. The trick we have found is to have plenty of drying space (or a tumble dryer if you have the room which we don't). At this time of the year it's hard to get the washing on to the line outside so we use a couple of the concertina type drying racks.

NickM

Veteran
Natural fabrics worn next to the skin do not pong when used for several successive days of moderate exercise (as hardy outdoorsy ultra-lightweight long-distance walking types know). I suggest that you try a silk undershirt. Patra are good. Err on the small side.

Top Bottom