washing ones bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
obviously using a jet wash to clean
ones bike is not a good idea as it would knacker the bearings but what about using a shower attachment on my bath taps?
any problems other than having to clean the bath afterwards?

Bike-wise it should be fine, but after repeated washings a large build-up of grease and other gunk may block your pipes.

OP
OP
yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
it will just be a one off as I am on nights this week and it will be too dark outside to wash it in the garden after I wake up.

andygates

I cleaned mine in the bath once.

The grease stains were still embedded in the bath six months later when I tore it out to redecorate. ;)

Mortiroloboy

Wash your bike in the bath. Are you mad? If so take it one step further, take off your drivetrain ( Rear Mech, cassette,chain, chainring,NOT the BB or the pedals though) and put them through the dishwasher, they'll come out all sparkly and new looking, don't forget to lube them afterwards though.

gavintc

Guru
I frequently take my bike into the shower. I live in a flat in central edinburgh and do not have an outside area to clean the bike. When it is particularly dirty, it is the best option. I have wondered whether I might stand the risk of appearing on some sex-offenders register - naked in shower with bike.

gavintc said:
I frequently take my bike into the shower. I live in a flat in central edinburgh and do not have an outside area to clean the bike. When it is particularly dirty, it is the best option. I have wondered whether I might stand the risk of appearing on some sex-offenders register - naked in shower with bike.

Gavin - nah.
Your real name is Robert Stewart, 51
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7095134.stm

Top Bottom