Washing The Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Some great replies therešŸ™ and i'm going to take it all aboard.
A lot of those things mentioned i've already got hanging around..Car shampoo,bike polish and we have a dehumidifier so i'll be using the water from that.
I'm looking forward to giving the bike some TLC.
You can practice on my winter bike , Iā€™m in Hertfordshire itā€™s no trouble to bring it over .

CharleyFarley

Everyone has their own way of washing a bike. I just use a hose and a soft brush, and have never had any problems with water intrusion. I went out on a ride, last night, in a place I won't go again for a while. It's been four years since I last went that way because a new expressway is still under construction. Sidewalks are torn up, and I ended up riding through a lot of soft sand and broken concrete. I don't deliberately ride through stuff like that but I had no choice. Only a couple of miles of that stuff but the bike got filthed up. So out came the hose and a brush and it was clean in five minutes. The Florida heat will dry it off very quickly.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Eight years ago, I bought a 4.5 litre container of no-name Screwfix car shampoo for washing my bike.

It's still full and my bike functions perfectly, but I do oil the chain every once in a while.

Top Bottom