Wasps?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I tried to buy a wasp from a pet shop once. The owner said he didn't sell them but he had one in the window :angry:

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
whilst playing airsoft on holyhead in 06, my section was making good time up a hilly area next to a cliff, we reached a sort of plateau and started taking fire from the cliff (which was out of bounds i might add).
anyhoo we all dive for cover, at which point our m8 jumps up screaming like a banshee and beating at his head (shaved non the less) he'd jumped on a nest and promptly got stung to hell.
we ran him out the area and were hosing him down from out canteens to get the blighters off.
couple of hours later, some fags and a cuppa and he was ok, if a bit lumpy.

rather him then me mind.
pete

Arch

Married to Night Train

Ugh, horrible.

Having been stung today, for only the second time in my life, I'm not in a happy mood with wasps. My arm still hurts, and I was stung at lunchtime.

The first time was when I was about 5, on the ankle, and all I remember is screaming and screaming, and then lying on the sofa being looked after.

I know they have their uses, but they are one of a very few creatures I'll happily eradicate.

PapaZita

Guru
Thankfully, I haven't seen very many of the ****ers this year.

I think they have all come to Hertfordshire. Having never been stung before (at least not while riding), I've just been stung on three rides in succession. On the leg, on the ear, and now on the arm, which has swelled up to resemble a giant hairy fruit. ****ers.

Is there some sort of unprecedented stinging-insect population explosion going on? Not actually sure if these are bees or wasps. They've been smaller and more slender (and now also flatter) than the common or beer-garden wasp. The last one, at least, left its stinger behind. Does that make it a bee? Stripey ****ers, anyway.

Top Bottom