http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-24450642

• Yes - completely. The money sould be used to reduce Council Tax

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • No - TdF is a once in a lifetime event to host

Votes: 35 79.5%
  • Yes - The money shold be used to keep existing sports vacilities open

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Daft question: Isn't France big enough for them to tour it?
your right - daft question :tongue:

amaferanga

Veteran
If they don't spend the money then chances are the TDF visit would be a disaster and it'd never come to the UK again. You can't host an event like the TDF without investing.

Sheffield roads are shocking, but the council did get a multi-million pound pot of money that'll be available over the next several years. If I recall correctly the plan is to properly resurface all roads. The bad news is that main roads are then to last about 25 years and minor roads 50 years before resurfacing again.

classic33

Leg End Member
We have a similar estimate for when it passes through. In the meantime however, road repairs elsewhere have been put on hold again. We had one route turned down because the road wasn't upto scratch & would cost too much to bring upto required standards. The result being that its taking an out of the way route, on roads that are having over half the council road repair budget for the next two years spent on them.
Other roads are going to be affected by this but all the council can see is the money, projected benefit, coming into the area. When the roads they'll be using are out of the way, narrow & don't have a right lot at the roadside. Pubs aside.

Koga

I have and it doesn't.
It does give you an explanation, you may not agree, but that is a different matter. Over and out.

Jezston

Über Member
£1m is chicken feed in terms of council and government budgets. They probably get more than that a week in parking fees and fines.

Top Bottom