Watch My Bike Plz, K, Thx

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
...or bike security via text message...

Full story here (on BikeBiz).

Interesting system - the idea of matching the person who locked the bike up with the person who unlocks it being a winner in particular.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Presumably they match up the person based on the phone being used to unlock the bike?

Are you completely buggered then if you get your phone stolen after you've locked up your bike? Or will it change from bike crime to phone crime... i.e. phones being nicked so that the 'new owner' can then steal the bike as well?

The mind boggles.

C U L8r.

Tynan

Veteran
that is good, remains to be seen how much area it can cover and with what efficiency, in my limited experience lately, security guards are blokes with not much english and less dedication, lost track of how many times the guards in our works estate have been fired fro not doing it properly or best of all plain not even being here when they should have been

in a lot of instances the guard would have to get there pdq to save the bike

Do what I did one morning after receiving a p*nct*re coming off of the Bow Flyover.Couldn't repair the p*nct*re so I left it on the railings outside Bow Road Tube station.Came back nine hours later and realised I hadn't locked it.The famous hackbike6 was still there.:smile:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've wondered it there was anyway to simply make the bike unusable - I've thought about disconecting the brakes every time... but then I'd have to remember to reconnect them every time.

Any other thoughts? (Other than deflating the tyres:biggrin: to make it look like a puncture)

Top Bottom