1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch out, Beadle's not about

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Mister Paul, 30 Jan 2008.

1. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Sad news.

He didn't really float my boat these days, but it was very much a family time sat in front of that "watching you, watching us, watching you, watching Sarah Kennedy before she started pretending to be posh" thing when I was a kid on a Saturday evening.

2. Maz

Maz Guru

Quite agree. Beadle was a staple diet for us on a Saturday evening. I didn't even know he was long-term ill.

3. Cheddar George

Cheddar George oober member

Likewise, i found him increasingly more irritating over the years. I just read a report on his death and they estimate he raised £100 million for various charities, even if that figure is not accurate it's still an awful lot of money.

4. 'You've been Framed' has never been the same since he left and 'Beadle's About' was always regular in our house on a Saturday. RIP Jeremy

5. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

shame to hear he's died. not one of the classic comic genii, but he entertained many.

6. got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit New Member

I used to watch beedles about as a kid, but i found his 'wee' hand increasingly disturbing.

7. col

col Veteran

Sad indeed,a favourite saturday night routine years ago too.

8. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

Are you sure he's dead? - I would want to make doubly sure it wasn't a prank!

Whether you liked him or not there is no doubt that his charitable work ouweighs anything else.

9. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I was not a big fan of his but did watch and enjoy the show when I was in the UK. As always it's sad to hear when someone has 'passed on'!!

10. Lardyboy

Lardyboy New Member

He'll always be remembered for the "pratfall t.v." but he was a very accomplished D.J. in his early days and was very well versed musically. He gave a number of acts their first airplay.

11. Pete

Pete Guest

I know little about the guy but am aware of his reputation as the figure everyone 'loved to hate'. It's always sad when someone is taken from us, so young*...

*(contemplates one's own forthcoming birthday :sad:)

12. walker

walker New Member

Beadle's funeral will be a family service followed by a small finger buffet

13. walker

walker New Member

Today as the nation is in mourning for Jeremy Beadle, his official autopsy was released…………… apparently he had a small d!ck but on the other hand it was quite big!!!

It will be a cremation and screened on ITV “You’ve been flamed” Wednesday at 7

14. Maz

Maz Guru

Oooo Nasty, man! And so soon after he past away! :biggrin:

15. got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit New Member

Police are suggesting Jeremy Beadles death may be suspicious ..........

Next to his body they found a single black glove, they are not ruling out the posibility that the glove may have had a small hand in it.