Watch your nutrition!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Berties

Fast and careful!
If my ride goes further than a hand full of jelly babies I always have a spare gel and money to get some scoff,never touch my water till forty miles as a rule,my problem is I feel hungry for the next 12 hours!
Calorie counting varies a lot from package to package,I upload from bryton to endamondo and it varies a hell of a lot!

Brandane

Legendary Member
Nebulous, you don't mention if you ate anything before you set off, or if you survived solely on what you took with you. I am assuming you wouldn't have set off on a 70 mile ride without eating something beforehand? I wouldn't set off on an empty stomach on any ride over about 5 or 10 miles. For 70 miles it would have to be the "Full English" (or in my case - Scottish) before I set off! That's in addition to several cake stops en-route. Perhaps that is why I can't seem to shake off any more weight :smile:.

OP
OP
N

Nebulous

Guru
Nebulous, you don't mention if you ate anything before you set off, or if you survived solely on what you took with you. I am assuming you wouldn't have set off on a 70 mile ride without eating something beforehand? I wouldn't set off on an empty stomach on any ride over about 5 or 10 miles. For 70 miles it would have to be the "Full English" (or in my case - Scottish) before I set off! That's in addition to several cake stops en-route. Perhaps that is why I can't seem to shake off any more weight :smile:.

Brandane - I eat quite early, generally just after 6. Two cups of green tea and porridge with raisins every day. However I usually get out of the door about half-an-hour later. Today I tootered about until just after 9, as I was a bit concerned about the icy conditions. So you could be right I probably should have had a top-up before I left home.

DaveyM

Über Member
Just being new to this game, I tried a 50 miler non stop with nothing more than small bottle of Ribenna:crazy:
I learned a valuable lesson that day, actually two...
1 I learned just how expensive rural petrol stations after spending the best part of a fiver on 2 bottles of lucozade and a packet of fruit pastelles!!!!
2 Be prepared!

I know take plenty of things with me to eat and drink, I also try to eat a bit better before I head off porridge, fruit and plenty of fruit juice.
I would appreciate any advice on what I should be doing ( without hijacking this thread )

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Sadly I can't watch my nutrition as it is behind me! I do occasionally feel my pockets to check though incase one of my hungry club mates has nicked my malt loaf!

deanE

My Garmin gave me 2743 cals for my 53 mile ride today, at 12.3mph avg and 735 metre elevation. Intake was 2 weetabix and 2 rounds of toast for breakfast, with a bacon roll on way out and 2 pints of ale on way back. Ready for my roast when I got back in.

Top Bottom