England : Somerset Watchet - West bay Air Ambulance Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robgul

Legendary Member
I'm interested in this - any idea of the route?

Rob

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Could be interested in this one. Does the ride finish at Westbay if so how do you get back if you don't want to ride back? I may be on my folder which is ok for 50 but not for 100.

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
I'm interested in this - any idea of the route?

Rob
I will find the link and post it.

Could be interested in this one. Does the ride finish at Westbay if so how do you get back if you don't want to ride back? I may be on my folder which is ok for 50 but not for 100.

If you book early i think you can also book a coach from Westbay to Watchet. They take you and your bike to Watchet and you end back at westbay. Park in the big carpark on the left as you go into westbay.

You can email them the question as well to confirm. I have booked my place and got the timetable and the coach is 8.30 am but i know numbers are limited.

http://www.dsairambulance.org.uk/event/
(The contact email is near the bottom)

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Probably give this one a miss.I think a one way ride Just creates unneccesary complications. You would think they could organize a good circular route from Watchet .

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
Probably give this one a miss.I think a one way ride Just creates unneccesary complications. You would think they could organize a good circular route from Watchet .

Well its called the C2C and its been done for a few years now. There is a coach and bike transport from Westbay 1st thing.

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
I now have a route on TCX file if anyone wants.
full.png

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
It was lots of fun last year, especially seeing so many cyclists of all different shapes, sizes and ages out on the roads in my neck of the woods. Just hope the bananananananas at the refreshment stops aren't as green this time!

Oh, and it's so well signposted that route maps etc aren't really needed.

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
It was lots of fun last year, especially seeing so many cyclists of all different shapes, sizes and ages out on the roads in my neck of the woods. Just hope the bananananananas at the refreshment stops aren't as green this time!

Oh, and it's so well signposted that route maps etc aren't really needed.

I was there last year, so i hope this year is as good.

Agree with the signposting but some like to have the route on the garmin or see the elevations etc.

The new inn at Dowlish also did a good trade.:cheers:

Davidc

Guru
I did the first one 2 years ago.

There's one hill in Dorset I had to walk up, however it's a really enjoyable route. The return transport is fine, but the morning is fully booked and I gather the evening return trip will be soon.

The food and drink stops were good too, and there's a good pub that does hot food at West Bay.

I'm booked onto this year's so may see you at Watchet.

Top Bottom