England : Somerset Watchet - West bay Air Ambulance Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidc

Guru
The climb from Dowlish to the A30 is a real killer. Its local for me but i still struggle.
That was the one. Right nasty b.......r.

Davidc

Guru
Serviced the bike today, printed out the parking permit, everything ready for the off, so it'll be Watchet tomorrow for registration from 9 o'clock and riding from 11!

Should be raising about £200 in sponsorship so that's good, and the forecast even says we'll have a tail wind. Might rain towards the end though.

600 riders on country roads should be fun.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Just watch out on the hills - the 600 last year didn't cope very well with bottlenecks and not everybody was used to riding in groups so didn't shout if they stopped. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
Serviced the bike today, printed out the parking permit, everything ready for the off, so it'll be Watchet tomorrow for registration from 9 o'clock and riding from 11!

Should be raising about £200 in sponsorship so that's good, and the forecast even says we'll have a tail wind. Might rain towards the end though.

600 riders on country roads should be fun.

What parking permit?

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
Me too, done it on a hybrid last year so hope the defy makes it a bit quicker, had a last minute panic with tyres though and have 700x28 schlabwe marathon fiited

Been debating about what bike as the weather is meant to be light rain, gone for the giant over the hybrid and fingers crossed.

Top Bottom