England : Somerset Watchet - West bay Air Ambulance Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldoffroader

But 3/4 or full length tights?

I am going full length (i think) although it might change again.
just shorts for me and has been for a few weeks now

Davidc

Guru
What an absolutely cracking day, very well organised and plenty of refill stops.
Yes, excellent. Showed up how good with the way the man who collapsed and fell off a couple of miles into the ride was dealt with. The only issue was not having enough loos.

On the basis of the weather forecast I'd taken a pannier with wet weather gear in it - could have counted the individual spots of rain.

I hate Windwhistle Hill. (Can we swap it for Ditchling?)

Just watch out on the hills - the 600 last year didn't cope very well with bottlenecks and not everybody was used to riding in groups so didn't shout if they stopped. :rolleyes:

That was bad with 200ish the first year. I had 3 do it to me this time. Didn't look, certainly didn't shout. It needs a 3 point guide to ride etiquette on the route sheet.

Oldoffroader

Didnt see anyone collapsed, must of happened behind me, hope hes ok, as for toilets didnt find them a problem apart from a small que at the start

swiftylee

had a great day my first ride...

saw the man collapsed he looked ok thank god...

4h 9 mins for me only been riding 9 weeks dig dnt think too shabby...

was grate fun, looking forward to next year

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
had a great day my first ride...

saw the man collapsed he looked ok thank god...

4h 9 mins for me only been riding 9 weeks dig dnt think too shabby...

was grate fun, looking forward to next year

Not too shabby, i would say that is a great time.

The hill from dowlish to the A30 (windwhistle) kills the time and that is my local hill so i know it well, and it still gets me every time.

swiftylee

good job yeah that hill was a mare though i was gonna blow a gasket up there but kept head down and pushed on...

looking to do it again next year, carbon bike here i come... target 3h 30 mins

Top Bottom