Water bottles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jnrmczip

I thought it was the advice that by the time you are thirsty you are already dehydrated?
No that was the dogma invented by the likes of Gatorade, Camelback and the likes. One of them has the slogan, "Hydrate or die." They also promoted the isotonic nonsense, which was just corn syrup they could not get rid of other than to invent a new category of drink that was supposed to replace water.

If you are thirsty, you drink. It is silly to say that if you are thirsty, you are dehydrated. That means my dog is dehydrated all the time, not to mention you and I. Most endurance athletes perform better if they are slightly dehydrated, especially less trained ones. They benefit from the one or two kgs they loose in water and suffer no ill consequences from it. By over hydrating on the other hand, you die. Up until Tim Noakes presented his papers on this topic, one or two marathon runners died at each major marathon (hot and cold days). Now doctors are trained to look out for water logged athletes and treat them with....wait for it. A massive dose of salt IIRC.

Once you are sensitized to what's going on, you'll see the hydrate or die mantra jump out at you in all sorts of unusual places where the only beneficiary is those who peddle sugary drinks and ultimately diabetes. Diabetes amongst elite endurance athletes is alarmingly high, because of this hydrate or die nonsense.

But if you are interested, why not read up on Tim Noakes? I've provided one link, but I'm sure it'll lead you to other useful links and eventually on a path that resembles the tree of life that will make a turn somewhere at Indian Pole Dancing and a wet T-shirt competition in Omaha.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
P5101943_zpsujhlsfko.jpg

P5101941_zpschois0bq.jpg

Attachments

• P5101943_zpsujhlsfko.jpg
    P5101943_zpsujhlsfko.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 46
  • P5101941_zpschois0bq.jpg
    P5101941_zpschois0bq.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 41
Any teachers or early years practitioners out there have probably run across "Brain Gym" over the years; they had that "if you're thirsty you're already dehydrated" mantra too - and such woo as claiming that only water hydrates you properly and anything else is treated as food by your tum. A while (and several wasted millions of pounds in ridiculous courses) later they were finally outed as the charlatans they are. I still hear people talk about it as if it's true.

OP
OP
Grand Primo

Grand Primo

I tried, but didn't dare tighten the clamps that much. When I came to replace the bottle on the move, the whole caboodle slid down the tube with a nasty scraping noise. Worst of all worlds

Top Bottom