Waterproof fingerless gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnE

Through summer I usually wear fingerless gloves. Got caught out last week in a thunderstorm, and my gloves were very quickly saturated, and my hands were soon freezing cold. Anybody have any recommendations for waterproof fingerless gloves ?

Through summer I usually wear fingerless gloves. Got caught out last week in a thunderstorm, and my gloves were very quickly saturated, and my hands were soon freezing cold. Anybody have any recommendations for waterproof fingerless gloves ?
Won't the water just run in the 10 holes and being waterproof be a bit academic?

even in stockport surely summer's not that bad?
(northerner here, from north of stockport)
Its supposed to be summer up in't nawf and I had to give up on my ride today. My hands were like blocks of ice in the wind and rain.
Winter gloves tomorrow...at the end of May!!!

Sharky

Guru
Haven't used one for many a year, but the old cycle capes were made for thunderstorms. They keep the upper half of the body, including the hands and arms dry.

Haven't used one for many a year, but the old cycle capes were made for thunderstorms. They keep the upper half of the body, including the hands and arms dry.
Not in current wind speeds tho'but.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
even in stockport surely summer's not that bad?
(northerner here, from north of stockport)
It's very nippy up here at the moment in the wind when the sun is not shining on you, which is most of the time! And when it is raining as well, it is worse.

I've got my heating on again this evening. It was only 14 degrees INSIDE MY HOUSE today when I got back from my forum walk. :cold:

roley poley

Über Member
At the risk of sounding cheap wear your fingerless gloves and cover your hands on the hoods with thin loose poly sandwich bags... should keep the worst of draft and rain off...but I don't think there is a magic solution only a temporary fix

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Marigolds gloves & pair of scissors :laugh:

Not such a dumb idea - give you some wind protection, too.

I have some lurid green neoprene gloves from Evans.

They are sweaty, not particularly warm, but probably waterproof.

Chopping the fingers off them is an idea.

After all, it's hard to make anything worse than useless, which they are at present.

snorri

Legendary Member
I suggest a visit to your local supplier of industrial clothing and ask for 'waterproof thermal work gloves' . These are fully fingered but offer much greater dexterity than the normal waterproof work gloves.
You could probably get them cheaper online, but it is important that they are a snug fit so it might be better to have a try-on before buying.

Last edited:
Top Bottom