Waterproof Panniers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Admin said:
Does it attach to the seat-post clamp, or do they come with a clamp of their own? Or, do they attach somewhere else to the rear frame.

I've since had a look and found the two mounting points at the top of the rear seat stays ... doh!

longers said:
Have you got a Sirrus, Shaun? Sounds like an affliction but do I remember you saying you had one?

If you have I'll tell you what I did. If not I won't. :biggrin:

Yup, that's the one ... Sirrus Elite 06. Now demoted to commuter only, as I have a new Sunday-best :rolleyes:

Thought I might as well rack-it-up and get rid of the backpack as the new job requires me to take shoes, trousers, and shirt - all of which is a tight fit in my smallish backpack, and ends up squashed/creased.

So, as is the way with cycling kit, are some racks better than others?

Cheers,
Shaun :rolleyes:

longers

Legendary Member
Admin said:
So, as is the way with cycling kit, are some racks better than others?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Probably.

Make sure you get one that matches the colour of your bike.

Mine's a Delta and hasn't fallen off yet. Not sure what others are like but this was easy to fit, is very sturdy, easily adjustable (when mounting you want the rack bed to be horizontal) and hasn't budged or broken yet (18 months with barely a day off).

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
longers said:
P.s. How do I put that link into little blue writing and say "my rack" or something like that please?

Type the text first, then highlight it and click the link icon. That's how I usually do it. :biggrin:

Top Bottom