Wattbike and pc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philbike

Hi does anyone on here have a wattbike with zwift software on a pc?
I have just replaced my tacx neo with a used wattbike, but it won’t change gear.
Any advice appreciated.
Thank you .Phil.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Not that I use that set up (I use iPad or Apple TV) but if it is not changing gear that is a problem with the Wattbike. By changing gear I mean altering the resistance. Try using the Wattbike hub on your phone and seeing if gears change.

If the resistance is altering on the bike, but not registering on Zwift then it must be some kind of bluetooth issue??

Wattbike or Wattbike Atom? Presumably Atom as the original Wattbike isn't smart... but had to ask :okay:

Assuming the latter then I'd be sure to use the same protocol (Bluetooth or Ant +) as you know worked with your Neo to eliminate that issue, then start with the obvious stuff like checking the trainer difficulty and erg mode settings in Zwift.

CXRAndy

Guru
Hi does anyone on here have a wattbike with zwift software on a pc?
I have just replaced my tacx neo with a used wattbike, but it won’t change gear.
Any advice appreciated.
Thank you .Phil.

Wattbike pro doesn't change gear.

Wattbike Atom is full smart bike with shifting. Should work with PC

OP
OP
philbike

philbike

Wattbike or Wattbike Atom? Presumably Atom as the original Wattbike isn't smart... but had to ask :okay:

Assuming the latter then I'd be sure to use the same protocol (Bluetooth or Ant +) as you know worked with your Neo to eliminate that issue, then start with the obvious stuff like checking the trainer difficulty and erg mode settings in Zwift.

Thanks … I can see my avatar and others
But to be fair I only tried it quickly, but defo no gearchange .
I only picked it up today, I will try egr mode tomorrow.
Everything worked perfectly with the neo.
I did see something about the wattbike app not being able to download on a pc , only mobile devices, and this is how you set up the gearchanging function.
As I have bought this as used, I have no set-up info for a pc… the previous owner used their iPhone.
I’ll post more info after I have had another try…. Thanks.

I have a wattbike and run zwift on a laptop - I can see the gear changes within zwift and on the wattbike hub.

You are correct to say the wattbike hub is only available via mobile phone.

OP
OP
philbike

philbike

Not that I use that set up (I use iPad or Apple TV) but if it is not changing gear that is a problem with the Wattbike. By changing gear I mean altering the resistance. Try using the Wattbike hub on your phone and seeing if gears change.

If the resistance is altering on the bike, but not registering on Zwift then it must be some kind of bluetooth issue??

Ok thanks I will keep trying… it just doesn’t respond when I press the (virtual) gearchange buttons on the hoods.
Download the Wattbike Hub App to your PC and check that the shifters pair with the PC. If they don’t then maybe their batteries need replacing.

Download the Wattbike Hub App to your PC and check that the shifters pair with the PC. If they don’t then maybe their batteries need replacing.

Thank u jtB. Apparently the app can’t be downloaded onto a pc!
I am looking for a way round this.
Thanks again Philbike.

OP
OP
philbike

philbike

I have a wattbike and run zwift on a laptop - I can see the gear changes within zwift and on the wattbike hub.

You are correct to say the wattbike hub is only available via mobile phone.

Thank you Kingrollo … if I download the app onto my phone and set ut the gears… will it respond on my pc ?
This is getting confusing lol.

Thank you Kingrollo … if I download the app onto my phone and set ut the gears… will it respond on my pc ?
This is getting confusing lol.

I don't know - I brought mine used and the gears just showed on zwift right away.

If you are on Facebook there is wattbike atom owners group. Your question pops up quite a bit - might be worth joining up

OP
OP
philbike

philbike

You got to the bottom of this yet @philbike?

I wish lol…. Downloaded an “emulator “ so I could install a mobile app on my pc that had wattbike on it… but none had the watt bike ! …. All the others rouvey, tacx, trainer road etc etc, one ( games loop) said watt bike was coming soon! No good ! I want it now!
Then I heard uk you can run the Atom without the hub on Zwift, but then how can you pair the gears?
Im going to try downloading the hub onto my phone and pairing the gears on there and seeing if it’ll work on Zwift .
Mot holding my breath tho!!
Thanks for yr input.

Top Bottom